BYU- Idaho ME Project slideshow





Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Solar-Powered Camping Cooler Day 2

External exhaust port (incomplete)
Internal wiring layout


Suface mounted switches and controller (On/off, polarity, temp controller)

Day 2 started out well but quickly slowed down. After a successful night of mounting the modules the next task was to mount the switches. I was back at JBT AeroTech on day 2 and I again received helpful advice.


After the switches were mounted I turned my attention to the electrical circuitry. I was lacking a 3 pole 12-volt relay and driving all around Ogden (Utah) didn't prove to be helpful in locating the relay. As the day went on it became apparent that I was not going to have the internal electrical wiring complete for the morning foam spray.

I decided to pull all of the internal wiring to the exterior so I could pour the foam and then address the electrical situation later.
I also needed to complete the external exhaust duct system before I could spray in the morning. These tasks took me all night/morning to the point where day 2 quickly turned into day 3.





No comments: